A working-man's blog. Dedicated to the advancement of the four day work-week, catch-and-release fishing, noxious weed control, less government, home-made bread, tractor time, and wide fairways.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Floor Done

This photo was taken this morning. I got the flooring on today, but the area was in shadows then, so didn't get a photo. The frame for the floor is 2X6 pressure treated lumber. It is heavy.

I had a time getting good framing lumber for the walls. I had it delivered yesterday, and only about a third was usable. So I had to load it up and take it back to the lumber yard. Then I had to pick through their lumber to find suitable pieces. Bummer. Took half a day.



I don't remember where I got this picture, or why, but I think it is funny. I will definately keep my chickens off the sauce, just in case. I don't need uppity chickens.












Here's a woodpecker that was in our yard the other day. He was funny... he would get a sunflower seed from the feeder and then poke it into a crack in the bark on this tree. I didn't know they stocked up.

And that's all for today. Tomorrow it's back to work for me. The vacation was fun while it lasted, but now it's time to feed the bulldog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Man, looks like you've been having some *cough* fun... You needed me there to help with that wood; the Baker team could have at least halved the work time! This naturally, would leave more time for beer, just not for your future chickens... I love the picture of the woodpecker! You must have one heck of a zoom on your digital camera.

1:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home