A working-man's blog. Dedicated to the advancement of the four day work-week, catch-and-release fishing, noxious weed control, less government, home-made bread, tractor time, and wide fairways.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Elk Hunt

October 11-15 2008, Lizard Head Wilderness Area.
My camp was just to the right of this photo, which was taken before Saturday's big wind storm.











This is almost the same view, just north of camp. Photo taken after Saturday's wind storm blew most of the aspen leaves off the trees.











Another view of camp.













Cold Creek (lower right), camp on hill.













Dolores Peak from Groundhog Trail













La Plata mountains













Here's the six point bull I got, about a mile north of camp. I'm pretty happy with him.... he is my first bull. I've shot a couple of cows before, but this is my first bull.










Dolores Peak in the background.













I had to make 5 trips to pack the meat out. This photo is from my last trip and shows a front quarter and a bag of tenderloin.











The evenings were below freezing, but the afternoons were in the 60's. So I put a blanket on the truck topper to help keep the meat cool.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! I bet that was good eatin'.

12:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home