A working-man's blog. Dedicated to the advancement of the four day work-week, catch-and-release fishing, noxious weed control, less government, home-made bread, tractor time, and wide fairways.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Chicks

We bought some chicks Tuesday. I wasn't really ready to get them, but the feed store had these older chicks, and I thought it would be good to get them now so we will get eggs earlier. I put them in the garage with a light bulb for warmth, and naturally it turned cold and snowy that night. So they ended up in the house. Hopefully it will warm up soon, and they will be feathered out enough to stay warm in the chicken house. Maybe we will have eggs sometime in June. I 'bout have the chicken house done, but still have a lot to do... building a roost, feeder stand, nest boxes, and a fenced run.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ooooooooooooooooooooh! (That was my squealing voice.) I want to hold all of them on my lap! They are so cute and little!

8:44 AM

 
Blogger Mark said...

I squealed too when I saw them! That is, I put down my dumbells and beer and belched my kudos in between street fights for babes. hehe... But seriously Dad, you got some nice egg-makers there!

7:26 PM

 
Blogger Mark said...

Oops, "The Great" in my name was supposed to only appear on my blog. I'm really not that conceited! And I will HAVE to see those little fuzzballs before they get big!!!

7:29 PM

 
Blogger Mark said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:32 PM

 
Blogger Mark said...

okay, NOW it's fixed if anybody cares. Besides Jake H. that is...

7:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home