A working-man's blog. Dedicated to the advancement of the four day work-week, catch-and-release fishing, noxious weed control, less government, home-made bread, tractor time, and wide fairways.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

CHP Declared Complete

No foolin. We are having our house painted next week (weather permitting), and the painter will paint the chicken house too. So I can declare my project complete. I will probably add a fenced run later, when we replace the fence behind the chicken house.

I sure am glad I didn't take up house construction to try and earn a living. I would have starved long ago. But I had a lot of fun with my chicken house project, and now I guess I'll have to do some of those other chores that I've been ignoring. The irrigation water will be turned into the ditch Monday, so it's time to get things ready for irrigating. I also have a lot of down branches in the yard (from the darn globe willows) that need picking up. And the fruit trees still need pruning. EB took a class on pruning, but so far it's all been academic.

Here's the inside of the chicken house. The feeder is hanging by the door for now, but it may get moved to the center since it's kind of crowded by the door. To the right is the waterer, and the nest boxes are on the left. The board in the bottom left corner is the roost.








Here's a shot of the roost and a baby roost for the chicks. I will remove it once they can fly up to the main roost.

The chicks are growing fast. If the weather will warm up some, we will put them out in the chicken house in a few days.




Now I guess I will have to clean up my construction mess.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Looks nifty, Dad! When can I move in?

8:35 PM

 
Blogger Mark said...

Stupid sister, beating me to comment... OH! I mean you're so hard on yourself Dad; it looks great! But please tell me that's not a "KC-door" on the front...

7:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good tome.. What is a KC door????

1:19 PM

 
Blogger rbflyfishr said...

A "KC door" would be a door for the cat. But no, it is a door for the cluckers. Good thing too, since the cat won't go that far from the house. Too scary.

4:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home